Text source: Hope for Europe
Introduction / History
The Budug (Budukh) live in the Dagestan area. The Budukhic language belongs to the Lezgin subgroup of the Caucasian (Dagestan) languages. The written language and literature are based upon the Azerbaijan language. The main occupations of the Budukh are farming and cattle production.
What are their beliefs?
The Budukh are Islam-Sunnites.
Prayer PointsView Budug in all countries.
* Pray that the Holy Spirit would prepare the hearts of these people for the Gospel of Jesus Christ while pouring out in new ways to existing Christians in this area.
* Pray for God to motivate Russian, Georgian and Armenian Christians to become involved in prayer for the people of Dagestan, and in evangelism among them.
* Pray for translation of the Bible to begin in this people group's primary language.
* Pray for the availability of the Jesus Film in the primary language of this people.
* Pray for Gospel messages to become available in audio format for this people group.