Introduction / History The Orok are located in the Sakhalin Region and the city of Khabarovsk, Russia. The Oroks are pure Mongoloids belonging to the Baikal or Paleo-Siberian group, but they are a dying people group. Intermarriage has caused their numbers to dwindle. Many of their customs were lost during the Soviet era, when the government forced them away from their nomadic way of life and herding reindeer to move to new villages on the coast in order to become fishermen. Since the fall of Communism in 1991, the Oroks had been allowed to return to their homeland, but only a few have chosen to do so. The Orok language has never been written down, and so this people group has no Bible. Traditionally, they practiced shamanism and pagan religion.
Prayer Points * Ask God to lead a mission agency to begin translating the Bible into Orok.
* Pray that God would open doors for missionaries to work amongst the Orok Russian laws often make it difficult for foreign missionaries to reach out to people groups like the Orok.
* Ask God to open the hearts of this people group to Christ's message of salvation.
* Ask God to preserve their culture and language.
* Pray that Russian Christians would share the Good News of Jesus with the Orok people in an effective and powerful way.
* Pray that the Orak people will put their identity in Christ, giving them a hope and joy they have never experienced.