Introduction / History
There are two kinds of Arabs either passing through or living in Hungary. The poorer ones are trying to escape Iraq or Syria. Hungary is not their final destination; they are passing through in hopes of finding jobs in Germany or one of the Scandinavian countries.
The other kind of Arab is much wealthier. There are Kuwaitis, Egyptian, and others purchasing land in places like Komlo and Pecs, Hungary. They are helping the economy for those who sell real estate, but there is some resentment towards them.
Where are they located?
If one wanted to find Arab refugees, they might want to start at the train stations of Hungary. The wealthier Arabs are more likely to be found at resorts and vacation spots.
What are their lives like?
Iraqi and Syrian refugees are resented by many of the Hungarians. They do not like the mess made by people who are passing through their country, leaving (as they see it) a trail of garbage and waste for others to clean up. Anyone who wants cheaper real estate will not like the wealthy Kuwaitis who purchase land in Hungary. Hungarians who want customers for real estate welcome the customers. Many of the wealthy Arabs are looking for vacation spots and resorts. They also do not stay long.
What are their beliefs?
Most Arabs who come to Hungary are Sunni Muslims, with the exception of some of the Iraqis who are Shi'ite.
What are their needs?
The poorer Arabs need to be trained in job skills that will make them useful in Europe. Believers with the right skills can train them. Wealthier Arabs need a spiritual hunger that will take them away from traditional works-oriented religion.
* Pray for spiritual hunger to come to the Arabs in Hungary.
* Pray for believers to reach out to both Arab groups in Hungary.
* Pray for Arab leaders to have dreams and visions of Jesus Christ, the only savior.
* Pray for a disciple-making movement to emerge among Arabs in Hungary.
* Pray for completion of Bible translation in this people group's primary language.
* Pray for the availability of the Jesus Film in the primary language of this people.
ReferencesView Arab, general in all countries.