Introduction / History
It wasn't until 1996 that linguists were even aware that Dahalik is a different language than that of the nearby Afar people.
Where are they located?
Most Daliks live on a couple of islands off the coast of Eritrea. For that reason, they are isolated.
What are their lives like?
Though Eritrea is infamous for it's oppressive government, the Dahilik people might be fortunate because of their isolation.
What are their beliefs?
The Dahalik people are Muslim, but most likely they are not orthodox Muslims. People in the Horn of Africa tend to depend on spirits and animistic rituals.
What are their needs?
Since so few people speak their language, what do we do? Is it wise to produce a Bible for them, or should believers produce other kinds of gospel materials?
* Pray for wisdom for anyone who wants to reach out to the Dahalik people with the gospel.
* Pray for audio gospel materials in their language.
* Pray for a Disciple-Making movement among the Dahalik people of Eritrea.
* Pray for translation of the Bible to begin in this people group's primary language.
* Pray for the availability of the Jesus Film in the primary language of this people.
* Pray for Gospel messages to become available in audio format for this people group.
ReferencesView Dahalik in all countries.