Introduction / History
Kravet history documents a long series of outside attempts to control and dominate them. Nearby countries, including the Lao and the Khmer, plus the French, all tried and failed. The Kravets resisted all efforts to be engulfed by someone else's culture.
Where are they located?
The Kravets are a subgroup of the Brao peoples. Brao refers to several sub-sets of peoples in northeast Cambodia and southern Laos. The Kravet people only live in Cambodia.
What are their lives like?
Their slash-and-burn agriculture causes them to become semi-nomadic within this mountainous region of Southeast Asia.
What are their beliefs?
Their religion involves many taboos, as well as appeasement for good and bad spirits.
They are especially concerned about using the spirit world to protect their communities.
What are their needs?
The Kravet people need to put their faith in the One who is faithful and true to all who call upon His name.
* Pray that missionaries can win the trust of Kravet village elders.
* Pray that the Holy Spirit will soften the hearts of Kravet elders and shamans so that they can see the holiness, righteousness and sovereignty of Jesus.
* Pray that the loving kindness of Christ will prove more attractive to the Kravet people than the power of village spirits.
* Pray for a disciple making movement to transform Kravet communities.
* Pray for translation of the Bible to begin in this people group's primary language.
* Pray for the availability of the Jesus Film in the primary language of this people.
ReferencesView Kravet in all countries.